Can you possibly connect or keep in touch with your close buddies without joining Facebook? Facebook is not just an Internet portal for reading news or posting photos, it’s a whole new tool to keep you connected to those who really care about you.You can always consider a number of unique options provided by Facebook to decide why Facebook has become indispensable to socialize with your loved ones.
Socialize with Friends through Apps and Games: Facebook belongs to the league of social networking websites that allow users to interact with their friends through various Facebook applications and games. A user can avail some of the apps like Get-to-know-yourself, what does your birthday mean, are you normal tests to encourage more social networking among friends. In addition to sharing status updates, personal messages, photos and videos, you can use a set of fun apps to meet and stay in touch with your friends without meeting face to face. The feature can also be used to invite your friends to join some common causes or events having some mutual importance to a group of friends.
- Sync Your Twitter Updates with Facebook: Most of the modern Internet users like to join more than one social networking website. They look for convenient options to post a message on a single platform and automatically get the message updates reposted on other websites. As Facebook and Twitter are two of the most popular social networks and have a large number of common members, the Facebook users can avail the options to sync Facebook with Twitter status updates. You can use certain apps to auto-repost all or selected tweets on your Facebook wall without putting any manual efforts.
- Hide Boring Status Updates from Friends: In comparison to other social networking websites, Facebook offers more fun and convenient features to share your posts with selected individuals or a group of users as well as hide all the status updates posted by some friends. You can still accept friend request from some of your grade school friends without displaying your unwillingness or hurting their feelings. But once you accept such friends, you can select the “hide all post options” to avoid seeing these updates on your Facebook wall. Further, your friends will never come to know about your action.
- Track Birthdays of Your Friends: Most people find it difficult to remember the birthdays of their loved ones. That is why Facebook has incorporated an effective feature to send emails to its user notifying the upcoming birthdays of their loved one. A user can also click on the Birthday link (facebook.com/events/birthdays) from the Events section and see the birthdays of all his Facebook friends. The automatic reminders sent by the social network also help you in remembering the birthday of your close friends and make them happy by sending a virtual gift or organizing a memorable event. The feature is very much effective in bonding with your friends in a more exciting manner.
- Organize an Event and Invite Your Friends: There are many Facebook users who prefer to organize events on the social network and send invitation to their friends to attend the event. When a person receives an invitation to an event on Facebook, he has option to accept as well as deny the request. These convenient options to send and accept the event invitations have made it very much popular among users spread word among a group of people regarding a popular event.
- Conduct Online Polls: Facebook has recently included the option to Ask Question to your friends. A user can use the feature to compose a multiple-choice question having a number of preset options or an open-ended question to receive different answers from the recipients. You can use the feature to easily conduct an opinion poll among your Facebook contacts and start a debate of specific topics or issues.
- Millions of Users to Connect With: Facebook has become the most popular social networking platforms with millions of users accessing it on a daily basis. If you are new to online social networking and have not joined Facebook, then you have much better chances to find most of your old and close friends on Facebook. Once you create a profile on Facebook, you can further import your friends from your email contact list and know what your loved ones are currently doing without using any instant messaging software. Further, Facebook is providing the online chat feature for instant interaction with your friends who are currently online on Facebook.
- Try being away from Facebook for a week, and they will ask if everything was alright with you 🙂